Tuesday, February 22, 2011

THAT GIRL IS A MONSTER...

Thank you Lady Gaga for the tweaked lyric...

So it's like that movie where the one person teaches someone their ways...Makes the other person their protégé,  then the protégé turns into a monster of sorts.  I mean name a movie: Mean Girls, Frankenstein, Clueless...The list goes on and on.  They all have the " protégé complex"   as I call it, and I've fallen into its trap!


protégé:  one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence


My BFF Jinny, is my protégé.  It never really started like that but subsequently it evolved into it.  She learns fast and knows the importance of legacy and legend status.  All of which she has and is achieving in record time. 

My protégé is a mirror image of myself, only better, which is a bit scary and enlightening all at the same time.


It's good to self reflect and see how your influence effects others.  But now she's begun to harvest my ways and use them against me.  Of course I am conscious of what's going on...but again I'm never on the other side.
  
Although I am proud of my work, the things she has taught me and vice versa.  I will say lately she's become a monster.  How exactly might expose our ways so I'll let Lady Gaga shed some light on it for ya'll. 


I'm left with a choice to make: 1. Rein it in    or    2. Egg it on


Egg it on of course!

CHEERS!






No comments:

Post a Comment